- Mix sifted flour and castor sugar and any other dry ingredients you intend to use (I used cinnamon).
- Combine milk, egg and oil in a seperate bowl and any other wet ingredients (I used vanilla, two small mashed bananas and a little handful of frozen raspberries).
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients, pour in liquid and mix lightly.
- Spoon batter into muffins tins/cases until 2/3 full, then bake for 20-25 mins until brown on the top. (I also added a sprinkle of brown sugar & oats to the top & pushed in lightly)
- Remove tins from the oven, cool for a minute then put onto a rack to cool completely.
Makes 12 regular sized muffins, or 6 muffins & approx 12 mini muffins - which is just enough to share :0)
If using this recipe for savoury muffins, simply omit the castor sugar.
I have NEVER had a batch of these go wrong, no matter how many additions I make. Cheese, bacon & zucchini muffins are wonderful!